Charming B&B near Versailles & Chartres
- to press the ‘pause’ button and take a break in a timeless setting
- to enjoy a romantic getaway, close to and yet so far from Paris
- to break the journey to your holiday destination somewhere rural
- to get together with family or friends in the Yvelines region
- to experience an exceptional welcome and generosity
- to delight in a family-style, delicious and authentic table d’hôtes
For all this and more, l’Ombre Bleue and its hostess Catherine definitely merit a detour.
Take the time to disconnect, in order to reconnect with yourself, and take advantage of…
A table d’hôtes to which only Catherine holds the secret, proposing local dishes, served family-style that are mouth-watering and generous – a delight for your taste buds
An alternative to the table d’hôtes option is a Dinner tray ‘Diner sur le pouce’, offering a true gourmet feast that varies according to the season’s produce and Catherine’s creativity.
A cocoon of a garden, delightful year-round as a spot to relax, stroll or listen to birdsong in; to savour an aperitif or a cup of tea or coffee; to enjoy your breakfast; or to read your favourite book.
A privileged location in the pristine countryside of Yvelines, so close to and yet so far from Paris.
- 70km (44 miles), or 1 hour drive from Paris by car when traffic is light, or more sagaciously, by train, 45 min from Paris-Montparnasse station to Epernon station
- 50km (31 miles), or 45 min from Versailles
- 30km (18 miles), or 30 min from Chartres, its cathedral and pretty pedestrian streets
- 11km (6 miles) or 15 min from Maintenon and its magnificent Château
- 17km (11 miles) or 20 min from Rambouillet and its Château, its forests and shops, and its “National Bergerie,” a model sheep farm
Here are some keywords that sum up the philosophy and characteristics of Catherine and l’Ombre Bleue:
A reputation that is not to be done
After nearly 15 years of spreading happiness and smiles, Catherine and her l’Ombre Bleue have established a solid reputation and gathered glowing recommendations:
- 126 TripAdvisor reviews, of which 120 are ‘excellent’ (5/5) and 6 ‘very good’ (4/5)
- ‘Attestation d’Excellence 2018’ certification
- Highest-rated maison d’hôtes in the Yvelines region, out of 109 on TripAdvisor
- 70 exceptional reviews with a 9.7/10 rating on Booking.com
- 27 reviews with a 5/5 rating on Facebook
- 25 reviews with a 5/5 rating on Google